Cornelia | Women's Shorts
Cornelia* is the first Spiridon technical shorts (unique creation of 100 copies for this first series). It is part of our new Anthology collection which weaves the link between the history of Spiridon and our vision of technical outdoor creation.
100% Made in Europe (from the origin of the yarn to the confection, including the knitting).
Designed in part with ecological Italian fiber Q-Nova ® (recycled polyamide), the Cornelia shorts stand out for their durable material and vintage look.
To achieve it, we developed a specific technical material in Spain (Barcelona), which explains its 12 months of development. It is resistant , breathable , top premium quality and optimizes moisture transfer . It is also distinguished by its style with its "piqué-checkered" knitting . This super pleasant, supple and light material (150 g for size M shorts) has a dry but "pounced" feel which almost gives it a rare and innovative "cottony" appearance. The result: a unique, ecological and stylish Spiridon silhouette!
Cornelia pairs perfectly with the Summit tank top, the Anthology t-shirt and the Salvan long sleeve .
Labels: GRS (Global recycled Standard ® ) – Oeko-Tex ® 100
On the left thigh, the “Road Runner” bird , designed in 1973 by Karel Matejovsky as a nod to Fred Lebow's New York Road Runners Club. At the top, a broken line , like an exit from the track to broaden horizons beyond the racing corridors and the sole objective of performance. A step aside, in the spirit of Spiridon, to reclaim nature and enjoy the unique feeling of freedom that running provides.
- Color: navy blue and orange mesh band
- Material: 35% recycled polyamide in Q-Nova ® fiber (resulting from the revaluation of pre-consumer nylon from industrial scraps). 54% polyamide. 11% Elastane.
- Design : styling and artistic direction: Gaëlle; model maker: Sébastien.
- Graphics : the Road Runner bird is the original creation of Karel Matejovsky, the historical artistic director of Spiridon (1972).
- Fit : A retro fit with a rounded but full coverage hem, not too cropped and with a secure side slit to suit all generations and body types. Drawstring waist with flat lace in tricolor jacquard with our iconic orange. The lace is stopped by engraved aglets, to tie on the outside for a vintage style.
- Internal pockets : 2 internal pockets in orange mesh (one large and one small)
- Care instructions : wash at 30°, do not tumble dry, iron inside out at low temperature. Wash dark colors separately.
- Styling, model making and graphic design made in Annecy and Chambéry.
- Fabric : durable mesh woven, knitted and dyed in Spain.
- Manufacturing : at Pératex in Portugal, in one of the best European technical workshops, selected for its know-how and ethics.
Cornelia* , in tribute to Cornelia Bürki, the first middle-distance athlete to wear Spiridon during official meetings: a way of showing her adherence to Spiridon's values to include women in our sport. Elected sportswoman of the year in 1978, she still holds the Swiss record for the 2,000 meters in 5 min 35s.