Spirit organic cotton t-shirt | Women
The original t-shirt, released in 1973. More than a cotton jersey...a legend.
In the 1970s, we ran in cotton. And it is this orange t-shirt, adorned with the little barefoot man and the slogan "all run with us", that the Spiridoniennes wore in Marvejols-Mende, Morat-Fribourg, NYC...
If you had the chance to see the doc. Free to Run dedicated to the history of contemporary running, you will recognize it. This is the one Odette Vetter wore during the Morat-Fribourg race in 1975, in an extract shot by RTS. Like Katherine Switzer in 1967 in Boston, Odette took part in this race then forbidden to women with her husband Bernard. She completed the course without being stopped by the organizers despite a heated conversation with the authorities at the start. Two years later, the participation of women was finally allowed.
More than a jersey... a legend. This orange cotton t-shirt has a meaning that goes beyond the circle of running. He became a symbol and went down in history. Wearing this model meant committing to free and inclusive running. Thanks to this t-shirt - and thanks to Spiridon - sport became a relay for the cultural and social revolution that was underway.
It was impossible for us not to reissue it in organic cotton (alongside its technical model in recycled fibers (the Odette t-shirt) which offers all the comfort we expect today from a running t-shirt. ).
The original t-shirt, reissued in organic cotton jersey. 100% Made in Europe (from knitting to tailoring).
- Color: original vintage orange.
- Material: 100% organic cotton jersey (170 gr.) labeled Gots® and Oeko-Tex®, knitted and dyed in Portugal.
- Design : styling: Caroline; model making: Sébastien; artistic direction: Gaëlle.
- Graphics : original historical creation by Karel Matejovsky, 1972.
- Cut : straight cut, 70's style short sleeves slightly tightened by the ribbed finish, round neck with ribbed finish, embroidered crest on the left sleeve.
- Care instructions : wash inside out at 30° on delicate cycle, do not tumble dry, iron inside out at low temperature, wash dark colors separately.
- Styling, model making and graphic design made in Annecy.
- Fabric : cotton knitted and dyed in Portugal.
- Manufacturing : in the region of Porto in Portugal, in the best European workshop, selected for its know-how and its ethics: Pératex